WRIGHT'S ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1039555

Date first listed: 19-Apr-1948

Date of most recent amendment: 05-May-1976

Statutory Address: WRIGHT'S ALMSHOUSES, BEAM STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WRIGHT'S ALMSHOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1039555 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 08:46:51.

Location

Statutory Address: WRIGHT'S ALMSHOUSES, BEAM STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Nantwich

National Grid Reference: SJ6545752524

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 1425 LONDON ROAD ----------- Nos 8 to 18 (even) SJ 6552 1/63 19.4.48 (Wright's Almshouses)

II*

2. Built 1658 by Sir Edmund Wright (Lord Mayor of London 1641). A block of 6 cottages; 2 storeys; brick with stone long and short quoins; moulded string course, quoined window and door surrounds; gable copings with ball feet; 6 iron casement windows

----------------------------------------------

1. l425 LONDON ROAD ----------- Nos 8 to l8 (even) (Wright's Almshouses) SJ 6552 1/63 19.4.48. II*

2. _ Built 1638 by Sir Edmund Wright (Lord Mayor of London 1641). A block of 6 cottages; 2 storeys; brick with stone long and short quoins; moulded string course; quoined window and door surrounds; gable copings with ball feet; 6 iron casement windows with stone mullions and jambs and restored leaded lights (many now broken); 6 battern doors with moulded joints, restored; old tiled roof; good brick stacks. Carved centre stone panel with arms and partly defaced inscription. Unoccupied and in urgent need of repair when inspected but it is proposed to dismantle the building and re-erect it by Crewe's Almshouses in Beam Street (Map No l/66)

Listing NGR: SJ6545752524

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 431237

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing