10 AND 12, CHURCH HILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1039720

Date first listed: 03-May-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Jan-1976

Statutory Address: 10 AND 12, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of 10 AND 12, CHURCH HILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1039720 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 11:47:25.

Location

Statutory Address: 10 AND 12, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Northampton (District Authority)

Parish: Wootton

National Grid Reference: SP 76189 56530

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH HILL 1. 5327 (North West Side) Wootton Nos 10 & 12 (Formerly listed as The Rectory) SP 7656 29/477 3.5.68. II

2. 1630 enlarged 1835 with modern addition. North section built by Jeremiah Stephens, rector 1626-44 and 1660-65, bears tablet inscribed "DEO:ECCL:IE:STEPH:POS:1630." Limestone with single courses of ironstone to eaves level, gable end limestone. Welsh slated roof with kneelers and stone copings, box dormer, west gable and chimney-stack with 3 octagonal brick shafts. 2 storeys and attics. Stone mullioned casement windows in chamfered surrounds under dripmoulds. South wing 1835 for John Prideaux Lightfoot, Rector of Exeter College, Oxford. Ironstone ashlar, Welsh slated roof, 2 chimney-stacks similar to that of north section. 2 storeys, sash windows in chamfered reveals, ground floor hood moulds over windows and 4-centred arched doorway. Modern flat roofed single storey addition on north. VCH, IV, p292.

Listing NGR: SP7618956530

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 231980

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ryland, W, Adkins, D, Sejeantson, R, The Victoria History of the County of Northampton, (1937), 292

End of official listing