WOOD HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1039991

Date first listed: 23-Feb-1989

Statutory Address: WOOD HOUSE FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOOD HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1039991 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 06:19:22.

Location

Statutory Address: WOOD HOUSE FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Ilton

National Grid Reference: ST 35021 18403

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ILTON CP MAIN STREET (West side, off) ST31NE

3/84 Wood House Farmhouse -.3.73

- II

Farmhouse. C17, much modified. Local stone rubble, some ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof between stepped coped gables; stone chimney stacks. 'T'- plan; 2 storeys, 4-bay south elevation, of which bay 2 is a projecting porch. C20 windows, metal-framed with rectangular leading, with slightly voussoired segmental-arched heads: projecting porch has gable with ball finial, with a chamfered cambered-arched doorway under large label with square stops bearing shields; above is a 3-light hollow-chamfered mullioned window with label. Projecting wings to rear. Interior not accessible - building unoccupied, on site owned by Ministry of Defence (January 1986). Said to have been built by John Wyndham in 1637, reusing materials from the original Merrifield House (also known as Wadham Castle), a moated building at NGR ST 3400 1780, 1km to west, then in ruins.

Listing NGR: ST3502118403

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 361589

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing