STABLES APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1040094

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: STABLES APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1040094 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 19:10:04.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLES APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Blatherwycke

National Grid Reference: SP 97453 95797

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BLATHERWYCKE BLATHERWYCKE PARK SP9795 17/28 Stables approx. 20m NE of Church of the Holy Trinity GV II Stables now workshop. Datestone D.OB 1770, for Doriatus O'Brien of Blatherwyke Hall. Limestone ashlar with Collyweston slate roof. U-shape plan around a courtyard. 2 storeys. courtyard-elevation of 5 bays has central carriage arch with plain segmental head. 2 coach house doors, to left, with similar arch-heads and one similar opening to right, now blocked. Doorway and window with semi-circular heads, to far right. 2-window range at first floor, of square-head sash openings under gauged stone heads, right hand window retains sash. Centre 3 bays of this elevation break forward slightly. 3-window ranges, flanking at right angles, are similar to main range. Central arch-head doorways. End elevation of right range has similar window openings. Moulded stone cornice and hipped roof. Datestone above central carriage arch has armorial device, with arm and sword, below. Rear elevation of main range is blank with central carriage arch. One inner return wall of carriage arch has timber framing with brick infill. C20 windows inserted into rear and side elevation, to left of main front. Various single storey extensions to side elevations. Interior not inspected. Formerly stables to Blatherwyke Hall which was demolished in 1948. (RCHM: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p22)

Listing NGR: SP9745395797

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 233034

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire, (1984)

End of official listing