MILL HOLLOW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1040417

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: MILL HOLLOW

Map

Ordnance survey map of MILL HOLLOW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1040417 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:57:54.

Location

Statutory Address: MILL HOLLOW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Sulgrave

National Grid Reference: SP 55616 45700

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SULGRAVE SP54NE 4/154 Mill Hollow

- II

House, formerly Mill house. C18 with C19 attic storey. Coursed limestone rubble, slate roof brick stacks. L-plan. 2 storeys, attic and cellar, 3 bays. Entrance in second bay from left has stone hood on brackets and C20 six-panel door in plair stone frame. 2-light casement window with wood lintel to left. 3-light casement window with wood lintel to right. Similar window in right bay and one-light window with wood lintel in second bay from right. 3-light windows with wood lintels in right bay and second bay from right on first floor. 2-light window in left bay. 2-light casement windows with wood lintels in attic, except in second bay from right with one-light window and wood lintel. All have C20 wood casements and leaded panes. Chamfered spine beam. 4-panel doors. Wing extending from left side. Squared coursed limestone and ironstone, slate roof, 2 storeys and attic, 2 bays.Entrance in left bay with plain stone arch and plank door, and casement windows with wood lintels. Interior: House has chamfered spine beams in ground floor room and C18 four-panel doors. Interior of left wing not inspected but said to have the remains of an iron mill-wheel of c.1840 in the right bay and the oven of former bakery in the left bay. John Brockliss, the owner of the mill, ordered machinery from Boulton and Watts in 1788. Letters concerning this order and specifications by Boulton and Watts are in Birminghan Public Library.

Listing NGR: SP5561645700

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 234183

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing