CHURCH OF ST GEORGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1040543

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST GEORGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1040543 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 16:01:59.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Evenley

National Grid Reference: SP 58423 35152

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP53NE EVENLEY CHURCH LANE

6/71 Church of St.George

GV II

Church. 1864-5 by Henry Woodyer. Squared coursed limestone, artificial stone slate roof. Wood shingles on spire. In early English stlyle, it consists of chancel, nave and clerestory, aisles, transepts, south porch and west tower with broach spire. Inerior: Elaborate decorative carving. Aisle windows with detached shafts. Original fittings include stone pulpit and font. Marble and alabaster reredes with angel figure. Wall monument to Sir Creswell Levinz, died 1700 attributed to John Nost with over life size marble statue in judges robes and wig. Its architectual background has been removed. Wall monument to H-Glynne Brown died 1803 by R. Blore junior. Relief of mourning woman by an urn. Built for Mrs P.S. Pierrepoint of Evenley Hall as a memorial to her husband. Buildings of England: Northamptonshire.

Listing NGR: SP5842335152

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 233971

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, (1973)

End of official listing