MAGDALEN COLLEGE SCHOOL SOUTH WEST BUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1040571

Date first listed: 22-Apr-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Jun-1977

Statutory Address: MAGDALEN COLLEGE SCHOOL SOUTH WEST BUILDING, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MAGDALEN COLLEGE SCHOOL SOUTH WEST BUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1040571 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 03:52:32.

Location

Statutory Address: MAGDALEN COLLEGE SCHOOL SOUTH WEST BUILDING, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Brackley

National Grid Reference: SP 58557 36940

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRACKLEY HIGH STEEET 1. 5328 (East Side) Magdalen College School south-west building (formerly listed as Magdalen College School [South Range on street]) SP 5836 1/35 22.4.50. II GV 2. School founded 1548, re-organised 1860. A range facing west consisting of, in the centre, the remains of a partly rebuilt early structure and, to the right, work of 1896, the latter with the shield of arms of Magdalen College on it. The early part,which may date from C16 to C17, consists of a stone stack with 2 diagonally set moulded brick shafts, to the south of which, at eaves level, is a gable with stone coping, a finial and a 2-light stone mullioned window. The rest appears to be all C19 (probably between 1870-80 by C.I. Bather, architect, of Shrewsbury) 2-storeyed coursed rubble with "Tudor" headed stone windows with square labels.

Listing NGR: SP5855736940

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 233829

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing