LYCH GATE AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1040624

Date first listed: 09-Jun-1970

Statutory Address: LYCH GATE AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LYCH GATE AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1040624 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 10:59:20.

Location

Statutory Address: LYCH GATE AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Wellingborough (District Authority)

Parish: Finedon

National Grid Reference: SP 91279 71940

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FINEDON CHURCH HILL SP9171 (West side) 7/13 Lych gate and attached walls 09/06/70 approx. 30m. E of Church of St. Mary the Virgin (Formerly listed as wall adjoining Hampton Cell on the south-east and linking it to Thingdon Cottage)

GV II

Lych gate. Dated 1888. Squared coursed ironstone and timber with fish-scale tile roof. Stone plinth supporting an open timber frame with 4-certred arches and gabled roof. Churchyard elevation has inscription. "This lych gate was dedicated to the glory of God Ann Domini 1888". Attached walls to left and right, part enclosing garden ta Hampton Cell (q.v.). Probably C18, ironstone, with ashlar copings. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SP9127971940

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 233664

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing