This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

RECTORY FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING AND BARN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: RECTORY FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING AND BARN

List entry Number: 1040880

Location

RECTORY FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING AND BARN, LONGWELL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Maidford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Dec-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 235118

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MAIDFORD LONGWELL SP65SW (South side) 2/99 Rectory Farmhouse and attached outbuilding and barn

- II

House, formerly farmhouse. Early C17, probably re-roofed 1777, with mid C19 and C20 alterations. Coursed squared ironstone, slate roof, stone end and ridge stacks. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Plank door to left of centre with pegged wood surround and stop-chamfered wood lintel, approached by 3 stone steps. 3-light leaded casement windows to ground and first floors with stop-chamfered wood lintels and old catches. 2-light wood mullion-cellar window to far right, plinth and quoins. 3-bay attached outbuilding to rear left, probably brewhouse, between house and attached 3-bay barn with tie and collar beam trusses. Interior: cross beam ceiling with ogee stops; open fireplace with cambered ogee-stop-chamfered bressumer. Another open fireplace with ogee-stop-chamfered bressumer; stone flagged floors; fitted cupboard with shaped shelves; stone cellar; winder stair. Pencil inscription found behind old wallpaper dated 1868 and signed Brown & Son, Blakesley. Roof timber dated 1777.

Listing NGR: SP6093552390

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 60935 52390

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1040880 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-May-2018 at 04:12:34.

End of official listing