WALNUT FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1040895

Date first listed: 01-Dec-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: WALNUT FARM HOUSE, 12A, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WALNUT FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1040895 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 12:26:52.

Location

Statutory Address: WALNUT FARM HOUSE, 12A, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Blakesley

National Grid Reference: SP 62719 50434

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BLAKESLEY CHURCH STREET SP6250 (East side) 10/34 No.12a (Walnut Farm House) 01/12/51 (Formerly listed as building, now used as stables immediately North-East of Vicarage)

GV II

House. Dated 1689, renovated C20. Coursed ironstone rubble with limestone dressings, old plain-tile roof. 2-unit plan. 2-storey, 5-window range. Central 6-panel door with timber lintel. 2-light C20 casement windows to ground and first floors with timber lintels. Gable ends have 2-light flat-faced stone mullion leaded windows with moulded sills and surrounds and circular window in gable with moulded stone surround. Similar 2-light windows to rear elevation facing churchyard. Plinth, quoins, storey band, moulded stone eaves and stone-coped gables with kneelers, all of limestone. Interior noted as having open fireplace with stop-chamfered bressumer and stop-chamfered spine beam. Long used as an outbuilding, formerly perhaps school house. Datestone inscribed TP/1689 has been removed from exterior and placed inside. (Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, p.107).

Listing NGR: SP6271950434

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 235052

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, (1961), 107

End of official listing