EASTCOTE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1041028
Date first listed:
10-Oct-1986
Statutory Address:
EASTCOTE HOUSE, 1 AND 2, BIRDS HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of EASTCOTE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1041028 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 21:30:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
EASTCOTE HOUSE, 1 AND 2, BIRDS HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
South Northamptonshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Pattishall
National Grid Reference:
SP 67968 54099

Details

PATTISHALL BIRDS HILL SP65SE (North side) Eastcote 7/146 Nos.1 and 2 (Eastcote House) 10/10/86

GV II

County house, now divided in two. Dated 1796, altered late C19. Ironstone ashlar, slate roof, stone end and ridge stacks, flues of end stacks rebuilt in blue brick, Central-staircase plan. 3-storey, 3-window range. Central C19 glazed door with sidelights in late C19 timber porch with moulded cornice extending over canted bay windows to left and right. 12-pane sash windws to 1st floor left and right. 'French' window to 1st floor centre over porch and C19 sash windows to attic floor; all with stone lintels and key blocks, Central bay breaks forward and has pediment framing coat-of-arms with side scrolls. Moulded stone cornice and plain stone-coped parapet. lead rainwater head to left side inscribed P/TS/1796, Slightly lower, 3-stormy, 1-window former service wing to right has plank door and 3-light leaded casement windows, all with segmental-arched heads; chamfered stone eaves and stone-coped gable, Interior: Open-well staircase with slender turned balusters, carved tread ends, ramped and wreathed handrail and column newels; serves all floors, Stone cellar, old kitchen has open fireplace with chamfered bressumer and stone-flagged floor.

Listing NGR: SP6796854099

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
234777
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].