HOME FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED DAIRY WING TO REAR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1041103

Date first listed: 04-Feb-1987

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: HOME FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED DAIRY WING TO REAR, WAPPENHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOME FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED DAIRY WING TO REAR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1041103 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 17:46:59.

Location

Statutory Address: HOME FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED DAIRY WING TO REAR, WAPPENHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Helmdon

National Grid Reference: SP 58989 44204

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HELMDON WAPPENHAH ROAD SP54SE (North side) 5/31 Home Farmhouse and attached 04/02/87 dairy wing to rear (Formerly listed as Home Farmhouse)

GV II

Farmhouse. Early C17, remodelled mid C18. Coursed limestone rubble, slate roof, stone end stacks. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Central ledged and studded door, hinged in middle, in moulded wood surround with tear drops at base, and overlight above within 2-storey low gabled stone porch. Porch has ironstone doorway with 4-centred head, cut spandrels and hood mould, a sundial above dated 1853, a 2-light leaded timber oriel window to first floor on stone brackets, moulded wood eaves and ironstone quoins. 3-light leaded casement windows flank porch to ground and first floor, all with timber lintels except for that to ground floor right which is flat-arched. Lower 2-storey wing to left has C20 casement window to ground floor, back door and 2- and 3-light casements to first floor. Long single-storey dairy wing projects to rear. Interior has stop-chamfered spine beams, open fireplace with chamfered bressumer, dog-leg staircase with turned balusters, a built-in early or mid C18 bureau with glazed cupboard over. Parlour has C18 timber chimneypiece with carved frieze and fitted cupboard with shaped shelves and semi-coved head with ornamental carving, flanked by pilasters; lead cistern inscribed "GF/1788". Formerly roofed with stone slates (ridge survives).

Listing NGR: SP5898944204

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 234541

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing