3 HEADSTONES CIRCA 20 YARDS SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1041237
Date first listed:
29-May-1987
Statutory Address:
3 HEADSTONES CIRCA 20 YARDS SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT

Map

Ordnance survey map of 3 HEADSTONES CIRCA 20 YARDS SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1041237 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 15:27:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
3 HEADSTONES CIRCA 20 YARDS SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Elsdon
National Park:
NORTHUMBERLAND
National Grid Reference:
NY 93632 93256

Details

ELSDON ELSDON NY 9393 19/19 3 headstones c.20 yards south-west of Church of St. Cuthbert GV II

3 headstones: sandstone.

William Hall, 1772. Shaped top with well-carved and preserved angel.

Joseph Corrie, 1874. Scrolled pedimented top with dramatic high-relief skull between scrolls, winged hourglass below and other symbols of death and eternity.

William Hall, 1751. Small headstone with moulded arched top bearing an angel.

Listing NGR: NY9363293256

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236258
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/06136/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Lumley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].