NEWMOOR HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1041854
Date first listed:
21-Oct-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
15-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
NEWMOOR HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of NEWMOOR HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1041854.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 16:05:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
NEWMOOR HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Longframlington
National Grid Reference:
NU1433703436

Details

NU 10 SW 5/158 21/10/53

LONGFRAMLINGTON NEWMOOR Newmoor Hall (formerly listed as Newmoor House)

GV II*

House, c.1720, incorporating earlier fabric. Interior altered c.1870 and again c.1950 when rear wing was demolished. Front squared stone with cut dressings, other elevations rubble; stone flag roof except for Welsh slates on kitchen wing and stub of rear wing. Baroque style perhaps influenced by Vanbrugh.

2 storeys, 8 narrow bays. Chamfered plinth, rusticated quoins. Old flush- panelled door in bay 4, in architrave between fluted pilasters carrying pulvinated frieze and cornice. 12-pane sash windows in raised alternating- block surrounds with broad stepped keystones. Coped gables on moulded kneelers; stepped-and-corniced ridge and end stacks. Returns each show 2 small boarded attic windows; various blocked openings in lower part of right return. Lower kitchen wing to left: 2 storeys, 2 wide bays; renewed 12-pane sashes on right, blocked doorway and window. Coped left gable on moulded kneelers, with truncated brick stack. Left return shows blocked stone- surround window to 1st floor.

Rear elevation of house shows earlier massive squared masonry in lower courses at left end, perhaps medieval.

Listing NGR: NU1433703436

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236827
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/13339/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gordon Dixon. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].