PRESBYTERY ATTACHED TO ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1041911

Date first listed: 21-Oct-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 25-Aug-1987

Statutory Address: PRESBYTERY ATTACHED TO ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of PRESBYTERY ATTACHED TO ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1041911 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 04:01:11.

Location

Statutory Address: PRESBYTERY ATTACHED TO ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Thropton

National Grid Reference: NU 02955 02203

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THROPTON THROPTON VILLAGE NU OO SW (South side) 16/315 Presbytery attached to Roman Catholic 21.10.53 Church of All Saints (formerly listed as Presbytery) GV II

Roman Catholic Presbytery, c.1811 perhaps incorporating some fabric of Thropton Old Hall; north wing heightened in later C19. Horizontally-tooled stone with ashlar door surround and band; Scottish slate roof except for Welsh slates on north wing. East elevation 2 storeys, 3 bays, symmetrical. Plinth, 1st floor band. 3 steps up to central C20 glazed door under radial fanlight in surround with archivolt, moulded imposts, half-round pilasters and-moulded cornice. Plain sash windows with slightly-projecting sills. Hipped roof with 2 stepped- and-banded ridge stacks. Lower 1-bay north wing, set back to right, shows similar ground-floor window and stepped-and-corniced right end stack. 2-bay left return of main block shows similar detail to east elevation; rear elevation shows stair projection with 16-pane sash windows to left.

Outbuilding on west of north wing is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: NU0295502203

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 236661

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing