CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1042170

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, B6354

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1042170 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 15:57:50.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, B6354

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Duddo

National Grid Reference: NT 94673 43616

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DUDDO B 6354 NT 94 SW (South side) 5/51 Church of All Saints II

Parish church. 1879 by F.R. Wilson of Alnwick. Snecked stone with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roof. Decorated style. Nave, chancel, west bellcote and north vestry.

West bellcote tower modelled on St. Mary, Holy Island; two very large buttresses joined by a high pointed arch rising to a square bellcote/tower with paired cusped bell openings, pyramidal roof with vane. West door set between buttresses.

Nave 3 bays. Door to left with pointed arch flanked by pilasters under projecting continuation of main roof. Nave and chancel have arched 2-light windows; buttresses between with offsets. 5-light east window.

Interior: Clear glass with decorative lead glazing. Double-chamfered chancel arch; responds have colonettes with waterleaf capitals. Hammerbeam roof. Contemporary gas fittings. Plaque in porch recording gift of money from the Incorporated Society for the Building of Churches towards building the church in 1879.

Listing NGR: NT9467343616

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 238019

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing