FLODDEN MEMORIAL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1042192
Date first listed:
10-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
FLODDEN MEMORIAL

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1042192.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Jul-2020 at 02:42:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
FLODDEN MEMORIAL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Branxton
National Grid Reference:
NT 88980 37258

Details

BRANXTON BRANXTON NT 83 NE Flodden Memorial 9/3 II

Battlefield memorial. Erected 1910 by the Berwickshire Naturalists club. Granite. Tall tapering cross of polished stone, with raised roll-moulded edges, on base, also tapering, of massive roughly-dressed stone. Set into base a bronze plaque inscribed

Battle of Flodden 1513 TO THE DEAD OF BOTH NATIONS Erected 1910.

Listing NGR: NT8898037258



This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 24 July 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
237970
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Websites
War Memorials Online, accessed 8 February 2017 from https://www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk/memorial/161112
War Memorials Register, accessed 24 July 2017 from http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/72614

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08036/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Marshall. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].