EWART PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1042352

Date first listed: 21-Sep-1951

Statutory Address: EWART PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of EWART PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1042352 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 10:58:15.

Location

Statutory Address: EWART PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ewart

National Grid Reference: NT 96418 31582

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NT 93 SE EWART EWART PARK

4/57 Ewart Park 21/9/51

GV II

Country house. 1787-90, early C19 additions. For and largely by Count Horace St. Paul. West wing added 1870. Random rubble and brick, all rendered, with ashlar dressings. Lakeland slate and pantiled roofs. Irregular plan. Castellated and Gothick style in earlier parts.

South, entrance front has 7 irregular bays to main block. Bays 1-3 are early C19. Tall 12-pane sashes on ground floor, C20 windows above. Bays 4-7 are C18. Castellated porch in 5th bay has 6-panelled door and wood Tudor-style outer porch. 2-light 12-pane sash windows..with Gothick glazing bars. Moulded stone brackets to guttering and castellated turret-features at corners. Gabled roof. Only base of chimneysremain.

13-bay, single-storey brick wing of 1870 to left has two 6-panelled doors and eleven 12-pane sashes in raised surrounds.

North facade has, in centre, a 4-storey, round Gothick tower with closely studded pointed-arched door on ground floor; pointed-arched windows, 2 of them blind and painted in imitation of glazing bars, on 1st and 2nd floors; quatrefoils on 3rd floor; moulded corbels and battlements. Gothick glazing bars in 3 bays to left of tower and one to right. 3-bay section right of this has 12-pane sashes.

Empty and partly derelict at time of survey.

Ewart Park: Lee, 1972. Unpublished thesis, Newcastle University.

Listing NGR: NT9641831582

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 237633

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing