DRINKING FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF POST OFFICE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1042682
Date first listed:
29-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF POST OFFICE, B6343

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRINKING FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF POST OFFICE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1042682 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 06:56:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF POST OFFICE, B6343

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Mitford
National Grid Reference:
NZ1720685990

Details

NZ 1785 10/5

MITFORD B 6343 (North side) Mitford Drinking fountain 30 metres east of Post Office

II

Drinking fountain, 1877. Tooled-and-margined stone, brass. Round-headed arch enclosing relief carving of dragon's head impaled on sword, and spout plate inscribed J.P.O.M. (Colonel John Philip Osbaldeston-Mitford) with date.

Included for historical interest as the site of a holy well,the reputed scene in 1006 of miracles associated with a relic of St. Cuthbert's shroud.

Listing NGR: NZ1720685990

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
238920
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Jun 2000
Reference: IOE01/02327/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David J Wilkinson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].