STABLE BLOCK ATTACHED TO NORTH OF DISSINGTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1042709
Date first listed:
22-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK ATTACHED TO NORTH OF DISSINGTON HALL

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1042709.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 08-Mar-2021 at 16:03:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK ATTACHED TO NORTH OF DISSINGTON HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ponteland
National Grid Reference:
NZ 11769 71807

Details

PONTELAND DISSINGTON NZ 17 SW 16/292 Stable block attached to north of Dissington Hall

GV II

Stable block. c.1794 extended and altered 1824 (date on rainwater head). Ashlar with Lakeland slate roof; brick left range.

2-storey central block forms inner courtyard with 2 single-storey ranges linking with service wings of house, and outer courtyard with 2 further ranges attached to north side.

Inner courtyard: centre block 3 bays with round-headed carriage arch in pedimented central bay; Venetian window over arch and clock in pediment; flanking half- slatted windows. Brick single-storey range to left, stone to right with boarded doors and 12-pane sashes; also one tripartite window.

Outer courtyard: centre block has irregular openings including 16-pane sashes and Yorkshire sashes; also 2 segmental arches with boarded double doors. Single storey 8-bay range to right has 2 boarded doors and 12-pane sashes. 2-storey carriage house to rear has 2 segmental arches.

Listing NGR: NZ1176971807

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
238783
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00784/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Pearson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].