This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MARSHALL MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 14 METRES NORTH NORTH EAST OF NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHAPEL AT CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MARSHALL MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 14 METRES NORTH NORTH EAST OF NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHAPEL AT CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

List entry Number: 1044512

Location

MARSHALL MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 14 METRES NORTH NORTH EAST OF NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHAPEL AT CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Waverley

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Godalming

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1991

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 291355

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GODALMING CHURCH STREET SU 9644 SE (east side, off) 10/84 Marshall monument approx 14 metres north-north-east of north-east corner of chapel at Church of St Peter and St Paul GV II

Chest tomb. c.1820. Ashlar. In Neo-Classical style. Roll-moulded base stone on podium. Plinth. Attached Tuscan columns support entablature with segmental pediment to each side having fans in tympana. Pulvinated panels between columns (2 on each longer side, 1 on each shorter side) bear commemorative inscriptions: on west side to Sarah, wife of Robert Marshall, d.1819, and Robert Marshall, d.181(?); on south side to their son, Frederick, d.1820. Inscriptions worn. Monument covered by ivy and not fully visible at time of survey.

Listing NGR: SU9683744020

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 96837 44020

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1044512 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2018 at 09:01:09.

End of official listing