This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

DIPPENHALL GRANGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DIPPENHALL GRANGE

List entry Number: 1044632

Location

DIPPENHALL GRANGE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Waverley

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Farnham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1972

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 290919

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1099 DIPENHALL Dipper hall Grange SU 84 NW 11/350 II

Remodelled farm11ouse; a photograph of the garden front of the original building exists Deans Farm bought in 1920; remodelling of Deans Farmhouse carried out by Harold Falkner and the name of the farmhouse subsequently changed to "Dippenhall Grange". Garden front facing south of 2 storeys, 5 bays of early to mid Cl8 style. Brick cladding; brick stringcourse; capped parapet. Segmental headed 3 panes wide sash windows with architrave frames; brick voussoirs. Glazed door; shell hood on carved trusses. Falmer refaced the original 3-bay-core and added the 2 bays at the west end. Entrance front facing east of clunch with brick dressings; sash windows, irregularly arranged. 6-panelled door with double side-lights; flat moulded hood on trusses. Relatively unaltered by Falkner. To west of this, running parallel to it, and adjoining the garden front at its south east end, is a granary. The house and the granary together form a U-shaped block. The granary is probably of C18 or earlier origin and was one of the farm buildings of Deans Farm; it was originally joined to Deans, the structure which was converted by Falkner to form a cottage. The part of the granary which remains has a very low, steeply pitched roof on the east side, 2 short gabled wings on the west side, and a half-hipped gable facing towards Deans at the north-west end.



Listing NGR: SU8145646539

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 81456 46539

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1044632 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 05:04:44.

End of official listing