CHURCH OF ST OSWALD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1044992
Date first listed:
10-Nov-1951
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST OSWALD, B6320

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1044992.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2020 at 21:08:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST OSWALD, B6320

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bellingham
National Grid Reference:
NY 83382 83379

Details

NY 8283-8383 BELLINGHAM B6320 (West side)

21/4 Church of St. Oswald

GV II 10/11/51

Roman Catholic Church. 1839 by Ignatius Bonomi. Dressed stone and Welsh slate roof. Nave and chancel in one and east bellcote. 3 bays with, on south side, 2 sets of paired lancets under dripstones and a gabled porch with foliated cross finial. North wall is blank. East end has 3 stepped lancets under continuous dripstone, 2 trefoil windows above side lights and fanciful bellcote supported on moulded corbels; gable has a roundel with a pierced trefoil, crocketed pinnacles and a foliated cross finial. Monument by John Green in south porch. Plain interior.

Listing NGR: NY8338283379

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
239389
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08054/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Thomas Sealy. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].