HOLY TRINITY HOSPITAL (ALMSHOUSES)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1045181

Date first listed: 05-Nov-1976

Statutory Address: HOLY TRINITY HOSPITAL (ALMSHOUSES), HOSPITAL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOLY TRINITY HOSPITAL (ALMSHOUSES)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1045181 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2018 at 16:08:16.

Location

Statutory Address: HOLY TRINITY HOSPITAL (ALMSHOUSES), HOSPITAL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 69990 81207

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HOSPITAL 1. 5345 (West Side) Holy Trinity Hospital (Almshouses) SK 7081 3/16 SK 6981 10/16 II The descriptive notes should be amended to read

2. Foundation of 1664, but present building of 1832-34 by Edward Blore, with alterations in 1872. 1-storey range of Gothic brick almshouses with stone dressings around 3 sides of a court. Court has arcaded stone wall, urn finials and stone entry with overthrow with 4-centred arch with inscription. Almshouses of 1 storey with 1 upper gable each, containing a window. Rectangular dripmoulds to doors and windows. The gabled ends have 1 upper and 1 bay ground floor window with stone mullions. Tall diagonal-set chimney stacks, most paired. Centre 1872 chapel block with window with dripmould and clock tower to left with Welsh slate spire roof with finial.

------------------------------------

HOSPITAL ROAD 1. 5345 (West Side) Holy Trinity Hospital (Almshouses) SK 7081 3/16 SK 6981 10/16 II 2. Foundation of 1664, but present building of 1832, with additions, by Blore, of 1872. 1-storey range of Gothic brick almshouses with stone dressings around 3 sides of a court. Court has arcaded stone wall, urn finials and stone entry with overthrow with 4-centred arch with inscription. Almshouses of 1 storey with 1 upper gable each, containing a window. Rectangular dripmoulds to doors and windows. The gabled ends have 1 upper and 1 bay ground floor window with stone mullions. Tall diagonal-set chimney stacks, most paired. Centre later chapel block with window with dripmould and clock tower to left with Welsh slate spire roof with finial.

Listing NGR: SK6999081207

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 240926

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing