CHATT HEADSTONE 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1045308

Date first listed: 18-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: CHATT HEADSTONE 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHATT HEADSTONE 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1045308 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 17:42:11.

Location

Statutory Address: CHATT HEADSTONE 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Shotley Low Quarter

National Grid Reference: NZ 04542 55198

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHOTLEY LOW QUARTER GREYMARE HILL NZ 05 NW

10/258 Chatt headstone 6 metres east of Church of St Andrew.

GV

II

Headstone, by James Lough. Sandstone. Shaped top has sunk panel in ornamental border; 'in Memoriam' scroll between cherub's heads, birds, foliage and fruit. Inscription below to 6 members of Chatt family, d. 1815 - 1822. Lough's first piece of monumental sculpture.

Archdeacon Singleton's returns for 1828, quoted in Northumberland County History Vl, 306

Listing NGR: NZ0454255198

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 240629

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Crawford Hodgson, J, 'A History of Northumberland' in The Parish of Bywell St Peter The Parish of Bywell St Andrew with Blanchland the Chapelry or Parish of Slaley, , Vol. 6, (1902), 306

End of official listing