BURGAGE MANOR AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1045458

Date first listed: 07-Aug-1952

Statutory Address: BURGAGE MANOR AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL, BURGAGE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of BURGAGE MANOR AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1045458 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 03:22:22.

Location

Statutory Address: BURGAGE MANOR AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL, BURGAGE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood (District Authority)

Parish: Southwell

National Grid Reference: SK 70348 54129

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOUTHWELL

BURGAGE GREEN SK7054 1919-0/7/6 (North West side) 07/08/52 Burgage Manor and attached boundary wall

GV II

House and attached boundary wall. Late C18. Stucco with hipped slate roof. Plinth, double first floor band, deep eaves, 2 ridge stacks. Windows are glazing bar sashes of various forms. 3 storeys; 3 window range. Front has a slightly projecting pedimented centre with a central tripartite sash flanked by single sashes. Above it, a similar sash with a segmental head,flanked by single sashes. Central Classical porch with 4 columns on pedestals, and entablature. Beneath it, a half-glazed door with paired flanking lights. To left, single storey hipped service wing with a ridge stack. Attached dwarf boundary wall, formerly carrying a railing, has a square pier at the left end. This house was the home of Lord Byron's mother, and Byron probably lived here as a child c1810.

Listing NGR: SK7034854129

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 242296

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing