This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FORMER VILLAGE ROOM

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER VILLAGE ROOM

List entry Number: 1045479

Location

FORMER VILLAGE ROOM, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Aug-1961

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Jun-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 242247

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PERLETHORPE MAIN STREET SK 67 SW and SK 66 NW CUM BUDBY (formerly Carburton Road) (west side) 1/105 and 3/105 Former Village Room 11.8.61 G.V. II

Village school, later Village Room, now house. 1807. By William Wilkins Jnr. Brick, rendered, with hipped slate roof. Stone plinth and dressings. 2 ridge stacks. 2 storeys, 3 bays, single range with lean-to at rear. Windows are mainly Gothick casements. East front has central canted portico with band and coped parapet. 3 round headed openings. Parapet has central plaque inscribed 'A M MDCCCVII'. to left, plaque inscribed 'Hear instruction and be wise and refuse it not. Provb. Ch. VII. v.33'. To right, plaque, inscribed 'Be pious, patient, honest and industrious'. Beyond, single casements. Above, 3 smaller casements. ,Rear has central single storey outbuilding, brick with slate roof. To north, central door and above, flat roofed dormer with glazing bar sash. Rear elevation has to left, C20 conservatory and to right, 2 casements. Above, to left, hipped cross eaves dormer. South end has 2 casements and above, central hipped cross eaves dormer. North end has 2 casements on each floor. This building is part of the complete Estate Village laid out by Earl Manvers of Thoresby Park 1807-1812.

Listing NGR: SK6180370003

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 61803 70003

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1045479 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Feb-2018 at 10:20:34.

End of official listing