WIGTHORPE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1045750

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: WIGTHORPE HALL, WIGTHORPE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WIGTHORPE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1045750 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 19:48:24.

Location

Statutory Address: WIGTHORPE HALL, WIGTHORPE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw (District Authority)

Parish: Carlton in Lindrick

National Grid Reference: SK 59300 83470

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 58 SE CARLTON-IN-LINDRICK WIGTHORPE ROAD (East side)

4/42 Wigthorpe Hall (Formerly listed 30.11.66 as Wigthorpe Hill).

G.V. II

Country house. Early C18 with late C18 alterations and 1872 additions. Ashlar, dressed coursed rubble, some red brick. West front of ashlar has a parapet hiding the slate roof. 2 ashlar gable stacks. Projecting chamfered quoins. Set on a plinth. Two and a half storeys, 3 bays, with ground, 1st and 2nd floor sill and lintel bands, cornice and blocking course. Central doorway, part glazed door, projecting ashlar quoin surround with keystone and pediment over. Either side are single two and a half storey late C18 bow windows, each having a single central glazing bar sash flanked by single, slightly smaller, similar sashes. Above the doorway is a single glazing bar sash, with 3 sashes in each bow following the pattern of the ground floor. On the top floor are 7 small glazing bar sashes following the pattern of the 1st floor. To the right, slightly projecting but rising to the same height, is the 1872 wing of ashlar with hipped slate roof. Single ridge ashlar stack and moulded eaves band. 2 storeys, 3 bays, set on a plinth with 1st floor band and band below the eaves. Central single low sash flanked by single sashes with 3 sashes above. The south side of dressed coursed rubble is set on a plinth and has a single sash with a canted bay with 3 sashes to the right. Above is a single sash with 3 glazing bar sashes in the bay. To the right, set back, is a 2 storey, 3 bay red brick and slate wing, with a single yellow brick ridge stack. The north C18 gable end of dressed coursed rubble is set on a plinth and has a stone coped gable with kneeler and flush ashlar quoins to the left. To the left is a lower coursed rubble and pantile 2 storey, 4 bay wing, with extension line 2nd bay from the left and red brick gable. Having varied fenestration. Interior has a colonnaded staircase hall with 2 plaster columns with foliate decoration, a dog-leg staircase with carved tread ends and an oval glazing bar skylight.

Listing NGR: SK5930083470

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 241398

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing