CRESWELL CHURCH OF ENGLAND INFANTS SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1045900

Date first listed: 05-Apr-1978

Statutory Address: CRESWELL CHURCH OF ENGLAND INFANTS SCHOOL, ELMTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CRESWELL CHURCH OF ENGLAND INFANTS SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1045900 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 07:53:40.

Location

Statutory Address: CRESWELL CHURCH OF ENGLAND INFANTS SCHOOL, ELMTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Bolsover (District Authority)

Parish: Elmton

National Grid Reference: SK5268874380

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 57 SW PARISH OF ELMTON WITH CRESWELL ELMTON ROAD,CRESWELL 5/123 (South Side) 5.4.78 Creswell Church of England Infants School GV II

School, now disused. Founded in 1874 by the Portland Estate. 1881 and 1886 by William Fils and George Stevenson. c1900 by Brewill & Bally. Jacobean style. Red brick with sandstone dressings and quoins. Welsh slate roof. Various brick stacks. Stone coped gables with plain kneelers and spearhead and ball finials. Single storey. North elevation of six irregular bays. Projecting gabled bay to the left has a 5- light chamfered mullion window set high up and with a hoodmould. Louvred bell-cote. Entrance set back to the right has a round-arched doorway with key and impost blocks. Small single-light window on the left. To the right are two 4-light mullioned and transomed windows either side of a canted bay window which breaks through the eaves, rising to a parapet and gable. The window is of 1-4-1 lights, with two transoms. Projecting gabled bay to the right has two 3-light chamfered mullion windows with two transoms. To the right again a 3-light mullioned and transomed window rising into a gabled dormer with ball finials on the kneelers. Source: Academy Architecture 1901 Vol.2 p.40.

Listing NGR: SK5268874380

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 79293

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Academy Architecture' in Academy Architecture, , Vol. 2, (1901), 40

End of official listing