LINCOLN'S INN SALFORDS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1046290

Date first listed: 08-Dec-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Nov-1984

Statutory Address: LINCOLN'S INN, EAST END

Statutory Address: SALFORDS, EAST END

Map

Ordnance survey map of LINCOLN'S INN
SALFORDS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1046290 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 10:20:01.

Location

Statutory Address: LINCOLN'S INN, EAST END

Statutory Address: SALFORDS, EAST END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Cherwell (District Authority)

Parish: Hook Norton

National Grid Reference: SP 35906 33402

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HOOK NORTON EAST END SP3533 (South side) 10/29 Salfords and Lincoln's Inn 08/12/55 (Formerly listed as The Shrubbery) - II Two houses. C17. Coursed ironstone rubble with roof partly Welsh slate, C20 tile and stone slates. 3 brick stacks, one on right end and 2 on the ridge to left. 2 storeys plus attic. Four 3-light casements with chamfered lintels to first floor, the casement on the right now blocked. Three 3-light casements to ground floor. Blocked doorway and window to right of 2-storey stair turret projection, which has gabled slated roof and 2-light casement with wooden lintel. Entrance on left has C20 hood. Interior not inspected. Michael Johnson rebuilt Salfords in C18. It appears to have been known as Salfords in 1545. (Dickins, M. - History of Hook Norton, 1928, p180).

Listing NGR: SP3590633402

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 244040

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Dickins, M, History of Hook Norton, (1928), 180

End of official listing