CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1046448
Date first listed:
07-Dec-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1046448.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 11:54:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Cherwell (District Authority)
Parish:
Godington
National Grid Reference:
SP6424427832

Details

GODDINGTON MAIN STREET SP62NW (West side) 8/30 Church of Holy Trinity 07/12/66

GV II

Church. Rebuilt 1792 and restored in 1852 and 1905. Squared coursed limestone. Red-tile roof. Nave and west tower. 4-window range. Chancel has a 2-light east window with Y-tracery. A single C19 lancet on north. 4 lancets on south. Stone porch dated 1905. Pointed arched south door with plank door. West tower with hipped red-tile roof and clasping buttress. Interior. C19 fixtures, fittings and roof. (Buildings of England Oxfordshire: 1974, p613; VCH: Oxfordshire: Vol VI, p151)



Listing NGR: SP6424427832

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
243623
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 613
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1959), 151

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Sep 2005
Reference: IOE01/14382/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Dale Venn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].