TITHE BARN RANGE TO REAR OF THE OLD RECOTRY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1046540

Date first listed: 10-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: TITHE BARN RANGE TO REAR OF THE OLD RECOTRY, THE WALK

Map

Ordnance survey map of TITHE BARN RANGE TO REAR OF THE OLD RECOTRY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1046540 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 00:26:26.

Location

Statutory Address: TITHE BARN RANGE TO REAR OF THE OLD RECOTRY, THE WALK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Cherwell (District Authority)

Parish: Islip

National Grid Reference: SP 52739 14029

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ISLIP THE WALK SP5214 (East side) 12/91 Tithe barn range to rear of The Old Rectory GV II Tithe barn, now hall, and coach house. Probably late C17. Coursed limestone rubble; Stonesfield-slate roof. Single range of 6-bay barn and 2-bay coach house. Barn front has an irregular arrangement of casements (some old with leaded glazing) with a C20 garage door to extreme right; coach house, to right, has further garage doors with casements and loft doors above. Interior: barn has a butt-purlin roof with ties, collars and raking struts to each truss, partly concealed by a boarded ceiling. The Old Rectory was built 1689-90 for Dr. Robert South, and a late C17 engraving of it shows the barn range. Included for group value. (V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, Vol.VI, p.207).

Listing NGR: SP5273914029

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 243333

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1959), 207

End of official listing