THE OLD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1046830

Date first listed: 08-Dec-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Sep-1988

Statutory Address: THE OLD HOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1046830 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 09:21:21.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD HOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Cherwell (District Authority)

Parish: Sibford Ferris

National Grid Reference: SP 35618 37324

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SIBFORD FERRIS MAIN STREET SP3436-3536 (South side) 16/148 The Old House 08/12/55 (Formerly listed as Orchards (The Home Farm)) GV II Farmhouse now house. Reputed to have been bought by Jeremiah Lamb in 1658. C18 alterations. Coursed ironstone rubble. Steeply pitched, raised thatched roof. Brick ridge and end stacks. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys. 3-window range. Entrance to left has plank door, wood lintel and large hood. Entrance is flanked by 2-light and single-light windows in wood frames. To right a 3-light metal casement and a bow window. First floor has two 3-light and a 4-light metal casement in wood frames. Wood lintels throughout and lead cames, wrought-iron casement fasteners and springs. Jeremiah Lamb is said to have moved here from Little Rollright Mill and to have been a farmer who formed a unique collection of British wildflowers. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP3562037328

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 244704

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing