66 AND 67, ST GILES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1047078

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1984

Statutory Address: 66 AND 67, ST GILES

Map

Ordnance survey map of 66 AND 67, ST GILES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1047078 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 11:24:32.

Location

Statutory Address: 66 AND 67, ST GILES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Oxford (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 51177 06613

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST GILES 1. 5353 Nos 66 and 67 SP5106 NW 5/522 II G.V. 2. Pair of shops. 1869 by G Wyatt in the style of the Gothic Oxford University Museum designed by Benjamin Woodward in 1860. 3 storeys and attic. Irregular 3 bay front. Coursed, squared limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Plain tile roof with coped gables and moulded ridge and gable stacks. Cornice with cable moulding and strings at 1st and 2nd floor level with coloured bends above. 2 bays with splayed oriel windows with pyramidical roofs. 2 gabled, dormers with paired arched windows. Segmental arched, recessed sash windows with moulded reveals and hood moulds with masks. Cast iron window guards. Good Victorian shop front with pilasters and columnettes with crochet capitals and Caernarvon arches. Doors with feathered wooden panels and fanlights. The last surviving Victorian Gothic shop front in Oxford.

Listing NGR: SP5117706613

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 245975

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing