This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

92 AND 93, HIGH STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 92 AND 93, HIGH STREET

List entry Number: 1047250

Location

92 AND 93, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Oxford

District Type: District Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Jan-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 245523

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HIGH STREET 1. 1485 (South Side) Nos 92 & 93 SP 5106 SE 9/362 12.1.54. II GV 2. House and bank. Late C18 4-storeyed ashlar. The ground floor is rusticated and has 6 semi-circular arched recessed windows with sashes and 3 doorways of similar heads. Above the ground floor the house is of two buildings. That on the East, No 92, has four tall windows in moulded stone frames with sahhes and bracketed moulded entablatures with alternative segmental and straight pediments. There is a stone band at the 2nd floor in which are 5 sash windows in moulded stone frames. Above these is a moulded and modillioned and dentilled cornice and in the 3rd floor above are five sash windows in plain reveals with moulded cornices; there is a small parapet above. No 93, on the West, is similar in style but lower in height and has in the 1st floor 4 tall sash windows in the plain stone frames with moulded semi-circular heads. There are stone stacks with moulded shafts. History. Built by Mr J Parsons, banker in 1775 partly on the site of George Hall.

All the listed buildings on the South Side form a group.

Listing NGR: SP5166806246

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 51652 06241

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1047250 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2018 at 11:33:52.

End of official listing