This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

14,16 AND 18 AND ATTACHED FRONT WALLS AND RAILINGS THE MANOR HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 14,16 AND 18 AND ATTACHED FRONT WALLS AND RAILINGS THE MANOR HOUSE

List entry Number: 1047805

Location

14,16 AND 18 AND ATTACHED FRONT WALLS AND RAILINGS, MANOR FARM ROAD
THE MANOR HOUSE, 12, MANOR FARM ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Dorchester

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Jul-1963

Date of most recent amendment: 24-May-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 248137

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DORCHESTER MANOR FARM ROAD SU5794 (East side) 5/106 No.12 (The Manor House) and 18/07/63 Nos.14,16 and 18 and attached front walls and railings (Formerly listed as Manor House, Queen Street)

GV II

Manor house, now house and flats. Early C17, remodelled and extended C18, c.1800 and early C19. Stucco walls; old plain-tile and Welsh-slate roofs with brick stacks. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys plus attics. 4-window front of main range has Gothic glazing bars, stucco label moulds and a crenellated parapet; the windows are sashes at first floor and casements at ground floor. The doorway, to left of centre, has a crenellated porch with 4-centre arched entrance. Hipped roof. The parapet returns to right, forming a pediment over an arched first-floor window. To left, is a 3-storey hipped-roofed service wing of about 1800, now 3 flats. Parallel rear range is probably early C19 and has a shallow-pitched hipped slate roof on a symmetrical 3-window arrangement with 12-pane first-floor sashes and a doorway, in a trellis porch, flanked by canted bay windows. Interior: room to left of entrance has intersecting heavy ovolo-moulded beams and a fireplace with a chamfered segmental stole arch. Front courtyard is partly enclosed by a C19 brick wall and iron railings and gates, with a gas lamp on one gatepost.

Listing NGR: SU5795794305

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 57957 94305

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1047805 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2018 at 09:54:26.

End of official listing