COURT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1047997

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1986

Statutory Address: COURT HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of COURT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1047997 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 21:34:14.

Location

Statutory Address: COURT HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Toot Baldon

National Grid Reference: SP 56703 00804

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TOOT BALDON SP5600 8/174 Court House

GV II

Substantial house. C16, extended mid C19. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins; old plain-tile roof with brick and stone stacks. Gable-fronted plan of 2 parallel ranges. 2 storeys. Double-gabled 2-window front has an arched doorway, to right of centre, tripartite sashes to left at ground and first floors, and margin-light sashes to right. The right gable has 2 small stone stacks, set diagonally. There is a small stone-coped false gable between the main gables, and a datestone on the left gable inscribed "W.FRUIN/1841". The rear part of the left range is a 3-window Cl6 house, with heavy chamfered plinth, which has, at first floor, sashes flanking a stone-arched window with recessed spandrels and, at ground floor, has a 6-panel door set beneath a stone label and a further sash. The furthermost bay shows signs of first-floor timber framing having been replaced on both sides, and the rear gable wall has a large projecting chimney with sloping weatherings. The right range has a 3-window garden front with further margin-light sashes, those at first floor with gables. Interior: some intersecting chamfered beams. The right range is slightly later than the extension of the left range and the datestone may refer to it. (V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, Vol.V, p.48).

Listing NGR: SP5670300804

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 248412

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1957), 48

End of official listing