This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF THAME PARK HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF THAME PARK HOUSE

List entry Number: 1048009

Location

STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF THAME PARK HOUSE, B 4012

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Thame

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Apr-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Jun-1988

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 248436

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THAME B4012 SP7103 (East side) 7/9 Stable block approx. 20m. NE 24/04/51 of Thame Park House (Formerly listed as Thame Park, including stable block)

GV II

Stable block. c.1745, probably by William Smith of Warwick for the 6th Viscount Wenman, with later alterations. Coursed stone rubble with stone ashlar dressings; old plain-tile hipped roof; brick ridge stacks. U-shaped courtyard plan. 2-storey, 7-bay centre with 2-storey, 7-bay cross-wings to left and right. Each elevation organised 3:1:3. Central bays project. Central carriageway, with round-arched tympanum having 2-light leaded casement. Arcades of 3 blind arches to left and right having lunette windows. Flat stone band between ground and first floors. 2-light casements to first floor. Dentil course to eaves. Cross-wings have similar fenestration, with later alterations. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP7172803779

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 34 Oxfordshire

National Grid Reference: SP 71733 03776

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1048009 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Feb-2018 at 02:21:19.

End of official listing