FORMER WAREHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF SHILLINGFORD COURT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1048093
Date first listed:
14-May-1986
Statutory Address:
FORMER WAREHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF SHILLINGFORD COURT, WHARF ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER WAREHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF SHILLINGFORD COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1048093 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 04:31:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER WAREHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF SHILLINGFORD COURT, WHARF ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
South Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Warborough
National Grid Reference:
SU 59410 92481

Details

WARBOROUGH WHARF ROAD SU5992 (East side) Shillingford 11/203 Former warehouse approx. 20m. N of Shillingford Court (Shillingford Court not included)

GV II Warehouse, now house. Mid C18, extended C19. Coursed squared clunch rubble with brick dressings; old plain-tile roof. 2-range plan extended to 3. Two storeys plus attics. Triple-gabled front has original bays to left with a stepped brick weathered to the plinth, small windows at ground floor and in the half-hipped gables, and large inserted first-floor windows. Later range to right also has altered windows. Earlier bays have a central brick-framed datestone, now decayed, and 2 stone plaques, to left, inscribed "Jan 27 1809/ Up to this stone/ the Water run" (stone renewed), and "December y 3/ 1768/ Up to this Stone/ the Water run/ JG(?)". Interior not inspected. Now forms part of the ancilliary buildings of Shillingford Court. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SU5941092481

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
248234
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Jul 2003
Reference: IOE01/08977/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George P. Pells. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].