THE MUSEUM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1048704
Date first listed:
10-Nov-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
THE MUSEUM, BROAD STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MUSEUM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1048704 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 03:34:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MUSEUM, BROAD STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Vale of White Horse (District Authority)
Parish:
Uffington
National Grid Reference:
SU 30220 89241

Details

UFFINGTON BROAD STREET SU3089 (North side) 11/157 The Museum 10/11/52 (Formerly listed as Old School House south of Church)

GV II

School, now Museum. Datestone c.1617 over door. Founded as boys school by Thomas Saunders of Wool stone. Chalk ashlar divided from sarsen base by moulded limestone plinth; limestone coping; stone slate roof; brick stack. Single-unit plan. One storey. Front to road has 2 -window range, of 2-light cavetto-moulded chalk- mullioned casements; similar 2-light casements to gables; opposite side wall has moulded limestone architrave to planked door with date in moulded gabled roof with coping stones; lateral stack to left. Interior: 3-bay roof has chamfered and stopped tie-beam, windbraces; present ceiling obscures most of roof.

Listing NGR: SU3022089237

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
250780
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11087/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Malcolm Osman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].