CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1049164
Date first listed:
16-Apr-1955
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049164.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Feb-2020 at 17:50:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Felmingham
National Grid Reference:
TG 25140 29257

Details

FELMINGHAM CHURCH LANE TG 22 NE 4/8 Church of St.Andrew 16:4:55 - II* Parish church. Medieval and later. Flint, brick and stone, pantile roof. West tower, continuous nave and chancel. Massive tower of flint with stone dressings; flushwork plinth; angle buttresses. West door with flushwork panelling to left and right, stone shields on tracery in the spandrels; Perpendicular 3-light west window with panel tracery, Perpendicular 3-light bell-openings. Aisleless 3 bay nave of brick dated 1742; stone plinth, brick buttresses with stone dressings. Re-used C14 3-light windows with mouchettes under hood moulds possibly of 1742 with square stops. Re-used C15 south door with heads and shields on one order of moulding. C19 east window. Interior. No architectural marking of chancel. Tall west arch to tower with polygonal shafts now obscured by roof. Nave and tower roofs destroyed by gale in 1895 and subsequently re-roofed.

Listing NGR: TG2514029257

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
224151
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/12971/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Warwick. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].