CHURCH OF ST GEORGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1049253

Date first listed: 06-Mar-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST GEORGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049253 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 13:44:19.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Hindolveston

National Grid Reference: TG 03135 29348

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 02 NW HINDOLVESTON CHURCH LANE

6/36 Church of St. George.

6/3/59 II

1932-3 by H. J. Green, replacing and incorporating details from the previous church. Flint with brick and stone dressings, red tiled roof. 2 bay nave, north and south transepts, 2 bay chancel, north porch and south vestry, incorporating in north porch, in south transept west doors stone from previous church. Interior: nave with 3 partly re-assembled Perpendicular octagonal columns with bases and octagonal capitals. Chancel with 2 Perpendicular half column piers. Niches in chancel made up of odd fragments. C15 stone octagonal font with crowned M and T monograms to shaft, bowl with Evangelists' symbols, 3 coats and arms and crucifixion, all damaged. 1568 brass mounted on wall with kneeling donors, other partly classical partly gothic detailed brasses all mounted on nave wall. Rood figures over altar by Miss Lillian Dagless. Trussed roof with central king posts. Included for fragments and furnishings from the former church of St George.

Listing NGR: TG0313529348

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223947

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing