CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1049261
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049261.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Feb-2020 at 17:39:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Kettlestone
National Grid Reference:
TF 96773 31704

Details

TF 93 SE KETTLESTONE THE STREET (north) 4/31 6/3/59 Church of All Saints.

II*

Parish Church. Flint with stone dressings, slated roofs. Octagonal west tower, nave and north aisle, south porch chancel. Tower with 2-light Decorated west window, cusped belfry openings, 4 "Y" tracery bell-chamber windows with pierced quatrefoil openings above. Octagonal parapet. South porch and chancel Perpendicular style 1869 by Frederick Preedy, architect. Nave south wall with 3 3-light Perpendicular windows, nave north clerestorey of 5 2-light square headed Perpendicular window. North aisle with Perpendicular 2-light east and west windows, north door and 3 straight headed 2-light Perpendicular windows. Chancel with 2 south straight headed Perpendicular 2-light windows. 3-light Decorated east window. Interior: Perpendicular tower arch on corbels. 5 bay Perpendicular north arcade with octagonal piers and double hollow chamfered arches. Perpendicular chancel arch, 1869. Preedy pulpit and reading desks with inventive open work tracery. North aisle with C15 poppyhead benches reused. Octagonal font with heraldry. All roofs of 1869.

Listing NGR: TF9677331704

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
223863
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 May 2006
Reference: IOE01/15675/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Hamilton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].