CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1049275
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARTIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049275.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2020 at 00:31:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Raynham
National Grid Reference:
TF 88083 24328

Details

TF 82 SE RAYNHAM SOUTH RAYNHAM

10/62 Church of St. Martin 6/3/59 II*

Parish church, mostly C14. Flint with stone dressings, slated roofs. West tower, aisless 3 bay nave, 2 bay chancel, south porch. Tower with 2-light Decorated west window, 4 2-light Decorated belfry windows, brick battlements. Nave south wall with 2 3-light straight headed Perpendicular windows under brick relieving arches, third bay with re-used Decorated 2-light window in blocked south arch. Nave north side with 2 smaller 2-light straight headed Perpendicular windows. Chancel south with 2 re-newed straight headed Decorated windows and 3-light Perpendicular east window. Interior : south porch with door 1861 with text painted on metal template, nave and chancel roof c1861 arched braced. Stained east window. Octagonal font. Possibly C13 stone altar mensa re-used, with squared cross motifs and consecration crosses.

Listing NGR: TF8808324328

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
223894
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/04690/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian R. Faulkner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].