CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1049439
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049439.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Feb-2020 at 21:55:06.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Warham
National Grid Reference:
TF 94782 41620

Details

WARHAM THE STREET TF 9441 (south side)

16/155 Church of All Saints

6.3.59 Il*

Parish church. C13 and later. Walls flint, stone dressings. N porch, nave N and S transepts, chancel, lean-to vestry (C19), Bellcote, base of collapsed W tower, C14 piers and arcades of demolished aisles built into nave walls. C14 chancel, restored. Furnishings: C12 font at W; detached bowl of C12 font; detached stem and bowl of late C18 font. C19 pine benching. Chancel restoration 1897 still vigorously High Victorian furnishings: pulpit; lectern; reading desk, stalls; pine. Alabaster reredos with Last Supper, stained window above c1897. Encaustic tiling floor, brass and oak rail. Boarded barrel vault C1897. Nave roof: arched, braced, high collar beams. Chancel S wall: 2-3 light stained glass windows: 1924 and C1920. C1800 altar tomb, brick, some dressings built up against chancel (external) E wall.

Listing NGR: TF9478241620

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
223457
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/05764/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Frank H. P. Wadeson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].