Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1049538

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1952

Statutory Address: OLD HALL, TOP COMMON


Ordnance survey map of OLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049538 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 21:22:57.


Statutory Address: OLD HALL, TOP COMMON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Runton

National Grid Reference: TG 19534 42163


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


RUNTON TOP COMMON TG 14 SE EAST RUNTON 2/45 Old Hall 20.2.52 II House. Early C17, extensively remodelled 1909-10 perhaps by Baillie-Scott. Brick and flint. Pantile roof. Plan now irregular. C17 east facade of 2 storeys, 3 irregular bays. 2 storey off-centre gabled porch the lower parts in brick but much obscured by vegetation; almost semicircular headed archway. 2 light mullion and transom window to first floor; small light to north in chamfered reveals. To right of the porch the ground floor is of C17 brick with a timber 3-light C20 mullion in chamfered reveals. To left of the porch a larger timber 5-light C20 mullion. Flint walling to first floor. 2-light casement to left of porch. 2-light mullion and transom window to right. Axial stack with 2 moulded brick shafts. To right of this range and projecting forwards is an early C20 gabled wing. The rear of the C17 range was remodelled in early C20 but the lower parts of an external stack to the southern room is C17. Interior. Double ovolo mouldings to beam in southern room. Many moulded beams of various dates probably introduced to house 1909-10. Archaic moulded plaster fireplace dated 1909. Garden said to be by Gertrude Jekyll.

Listing NGR: TG1953442163


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223286

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing