CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1049795

Date first listed: 02-Jul-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049795 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 01:10:07.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Field Dalling

National Grid Reference: TG 02618 39605

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 03 NW FIELD DALLING SAXLINGHAM

4/10 Church of St Margaret

06.03.59

II*

Parish church. Medieval, heavily restored in 1898. Flint with stone and brick dressings. Lead roofs. West tower, nave, south porch, north and south transepts. Tower with diagonal buttresses. West window of 3 ogee-headed lights, panel tracery; 4-centred arch; hood mould. Blocked slit light over. To south, 2-light ringing chamber opening under square hood. 2-light bell- openings, that to west with cusped lights; those to north and south with a roundel in the head; all with brick voussoirs and hood moulds. Gargoyles. Parapet. Stair to north face of towers with quatrefoil lights. Nave of 4 bays. To north, a blocked doorway. 2 3-light windows with panel tracery, restored; 4 centred arches. North transept very much restored. To south 2 similar 3-light windows, restored. South transept also much restored. Chancel with one 3-light window with panel tracery to south. East window of 5 lights with panel tracery. C19 porch to first have bay. C19 nave door- way. INTERIOR. Restored tower arch; shafts with polygonal capitals and bases. C19 archways to transepts. C19 roof. Some re-set pieces of medieval stone. Alabaster kneeling figure from tomb of Lady Mirabel Heyden dated 1593 now set in C19 niche.

Listing NGR: TG0261839605

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 224742

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing