PENNOYERS SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1050176

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1951

Statutory Address: PENNOYERS SCHOOL, NORWICH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PENNOYERS SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050176 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 20:17:06.

Location

Statutory Address: PENNOYERS SCHOOL, NORWICH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Pulham St. Mary

National Grid Reference: TM 20991 85314

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5321 PULHAM ST MARY NORWICH ROAD Pennoyers School TM 2185 15A/4A 11.9.51 II GV

2. Built in 1401 as a chapel of the Guild of St James. In 1670 William Pennoger established a school room in the building. Only the walls and buttresses of the original building remain, and these have been re-roofed and incorporated into the late C19 school. Flint rubble and stone dressings. Steep black glazed pantile roof with gabled ends. One storey. North side large two-centred arch window with stone mullions and on left (now enclosed in C19 addition) a moulded two-centred arch doorway with fleurons in the arch. Diagonal buttresses at corners of west end. South side has two windows as on north side. Large red brick school building added in late C19 on east side.

Listing NGR: TM2099185314

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 225831

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing