MANGREEN LODGE C.50M EAST OF MANGREEN HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1050518
Date first listed:
02-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
MANGREEN LODGE C.50M EAST OF MANGREEN HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANGREEN LODGE C.50M EAST OF MANGREEN HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050518.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2019 at 22:29:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANGREEN LODGE C.50M EAST OF MANGREEN HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
South Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Swardeston
National Grid Reference:
TG 21616 03024

Details

TG 20 SW SWARDESTON MANGREEN

6/114 Mangreen Lodge 2-10-51 c.50m east of Mangreen Hall

GV II

Former stables to Mangreen Hall, now 2 dwellings; c.1700; brick in Flemish bond, pantiles. Shaped gables. 6 bays, 2 storeys and attic. Addition to right and range to rear of late C20. Principal facade to west: inserted stack between bays 4 and 5, plinth, platband, dentil and sawtooth cornice. All openings renewed late C20, casements in former openings and blank openings. Groundfloor bays 1-4 with 2-light casements with segmental arches, bays 5 and 6 with cambered arches with brick projecting keystones. Left gable with platband and eaves platband; ground floor with added brick encasement and inserted openings; first floor with opening as to west facade.

Listing NGR: TG2161603024

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
226998
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/04802/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr E.M Trendell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].