CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1050544
Date first listed:
26-Nov-1959
Date of most recent amendment:
26-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050544.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 23:44:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
South Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Keswick and Intwood
National Grid Reference:
TG 21376 04713

Details

TG 20 SW KESWICK KESWICK

6/67 Church of All Saints 26.11.59 (formerly listed as Church of St Mary)

II

Parish church, C12 and 1893 by Herbert Green. Broken pebble flint and some erratics, red brick dressings, plain tiles. Round west tower, small nave and apsidal chancel. C12 round tower with added octagonal bell stage with stone dressings and plain parapet. Plain 2-light bell openings renewed in brick with stone hood moulds; renewed cusped 2-light west window in C14 style. Nave and chancel of 1893: small nave c.4.2m long; south nave with one Y tracery opening to left in brick with stone hoodmould, plain pointed doorway to right; similar window to north with added vestry rendered and scored with brick dressings, plain brick pointed doorway. Apsidal chancel with high parapet with stone dressings, 2 small stone dressed lancets. Interior: undressed tower arch of broken flint. The earlier church was pulled down 1597 when the parish was united with Intwood; the tower and west nave wall remained to be incorporated into the church of 1893.

Listing NGR: TG2137604713

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
226951
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Oct 2004
Reference: IOE01/12648/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Wilson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].